Author Topic: Large number of players in freerolls...  (Read 551 times)

Hope2WinBig

• Freeroll Chaser
Large number of players in freerolls...
« on: November 30, 2007, 11:28:40 AM »
I play a lot of games during the week but I do try to stay away from the freerolls that allow over 2000 because I hate spending 4 hours of my time playing good quality poker just to have some donkey burn me on the bubble.

stopko

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 06:05:36 AM »
When I was learning poker I liked freerolls with the great number of players. The reason was that I didn't think about prizes but I wanted to play simply a great number of hands to learn. Now I also look for freerolls with the number of not more then 1500 participants.

witchywitchy

• STRAIGHT
    • http://texaswheel.com
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 11:57:18 AM »
Quote from: "stopko"
When I was learning poker I liked freerolls with the great number of players. The reason was that I didn't think about prizes but I wanted to play simply a great number of hands to learn. Now I also look for freerolls with the number of not more then 1500 participants.

I rarely play freerolls....except for an occasional forum freeroll. My poker time is too valuable to spend on a freeroll. Next time you play one of those massive donkeyfests - determine how much you actually made per hour . Unless you are learning or are testing out a new poker room the return on time invested is very small.
I don't share private passwords, instead I share the IP addresses, usernames and email addressses of password thieves

Matrelle

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 07:50:16 AM »
there are different ways of viewing it. you can either use it as an opportunity to test out new methods or you can view it as a hamper to your time earning money at cash games.

texaspear

• Freeroll Chaser
freerolls
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 03:22:54 PM »
I enjoy freerolls but the huge number of particepants is a bit overwhelming, as are the donks that come with these frerolls.  So I joined a couple of forums to escape the crowds and the donks.

Now I enjoy playing private tourns & most of the players are of like mind.  I've won enough real money now so I can be picky about what tourns I enter.  Hope ya'll are having like experiences.

Good luck all, hope to see you at the tables.
Good Luck, Have FUN, remeber to laugh, & Don't Mess With TEXAS