Author Topic: All-in play  (Read 10057 times)

Bucnright

• Administrator
  • ROYAL FLUSH
All-in play
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2006, 07:10:40 PM »
Ok let me try to clear this up. This is my forum and I started it to improve the average poker players game.

I am not talking about trying to steal some blinds, being short stcked and trying to catch. You all have seen at the start of a tourney one player raise the blinds 20 times the big blind. The second player pushes allin and the first calls turns AA and the allin players shows 28 and catches a Str8 8 high. Next 5 hands he pushes allin preflop and catches cards with rags.

If you like that style of play this forum is not for you there are many other forums you can join which just want to make money off of you. I would rather help players improve their game. I don't need the money.
New poker forum PFP Poker freeroll password

dino1252

• PAIR
All-in play
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2006, 08:12:28 AM »
I agree that this forum tends to attract the better players, and I have not seen any real out of control play in the last couple of tourneys that I have been in.
Posted by Dino.

tootalltim

• Freeroll Chaser
    • http://tootalltim.onesite.com
allins
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2006, 05:59:22 PM »
understand you now. that beginning of the game stuff does really pee me off. i have folded good cards just in case they really had something just to see them flip over junk. i didnt see that happening in last nights tho so maybe players wont do it. good luck at the tables all
TO BET OR NOT TO BET THAT IS THE QUESTION

DrOfGolf

• Freeroll Chaser
All-in play
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2006, 06:26:00 PM »
Quote from: "Bucnright"

I am not talking about trying to steal some blinds, being short stcked and trying to catch. You all have seen at the start of a tourney one player raise the blinds 20 times the big blind. The second player pushes allin and the first calls turns AA and the allin players shows 28 and catches a Str8 8 high. Next 5 hands he pushes allin preflop and catches cards with rags.

What has always amazed me is the fact that the idiots usually catch the miracle hands when they do that.  That, more than anything, pisses me off.  Rewarding a butthead for stupid play.  :::sigh::::

Thankfully, most players here are here to play and play poker like a poker player and not like said buttheads.   ;)
[size=14]Doc[/size][/color]

ken2win

• Freeroll Chaser
All-in play
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2006, 10:10:54 AM »
hi all glad to hear and see a forum do something about the players who don't care about playing good poker and not bingo lol. well i hope it helps the players who do care and know somewhat about poker. i also play at another forum and was in a toury the other day and the host was being a bully by either going all in or raiseing all your chips preflop and got mad at me for calling 800 chips with A 4 sutied and beat him with aces he had crap lol. i am just glad you are tring to help. good luck all and have fun.

Bucnright

• Administrator
  • ROYAL FLUSH
All-in play
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2006, 10:43:39 AM »
I had to remove one last night for doing it and when he was warned he used fowl lang.

angels2005

• PAIR
All-in play
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2006, 08:36:55 PM »
2much, I have played you enough times to know that you use the all-in as a strategy, that's fine.  
No one cares if you use it like that, the ones Buc and don are trying to get rid of are the ones that go in EVERY HAND whether they have a hand or just junk cards.  It makes the game a joke and no one wants that.  

We all know you don't do that, or at least I have never seen you do it.

PokerBratt99

• Freeroll Chaser
All-in play
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2006, 09:47:07 PM »
Yes,

Finally a group that wants to get rid of the Lottery Poker Players.

Play the game and Quit with AllIn,  Guess what?

thats not how to play POKER
Have A Great Day
PokerBratt99

sand

• 2 PAIR
    • Email
All-in play
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2006, 10:38:00 PM »
it is getting very bad out there, wait for good cards and then get beat by 4-9 off suit ,just wrong wrong wrong :evil:  :evil:  :evil:
THINK OUTSIDE THE FLOP

MR_KRINKLE1

• Freeroll Chaser
Constant All-ins to begin freerolls
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2006, 01:01:33 PM »
I don't like the habitual all-ins at FR starts.  It shows the quality of play from the individuals employing a "strategy" - reckless, loose, tight, rock, aggressive, etc..  HOWEVER, players need to adjust/adapt to the quality of play at their table. I make special note of all-inners (and to a cetain extent to habitual "big raisers" - 10X+ BB) and wait to play a QUALITY HAND vs. them.  Short-term I might lose to an all-inner, but long term I'll be kickin arse and takin names.  I get a kick outta taking one of these weaker, overly aggressive, lower quality hand playin' players out.  LONG TERM it's easy chips, but we all have to put up with short term, bad beats.

Ima6T4

• Freeroll Chaser
All-in play
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2006, 08:03:25 PM »
It's rare but I have seen some all ins early who were just "ultra" loose aggressive players.  Granted these players are an extremely small percentage of the all in mentality at the beginning of freerolls.  I watched a player chat converstion at CD last month where 2 players bragged about how many all ins they had going and where they hit at.  These players then just play the tables where they got lucky.  I like the policy you are trying to implement, but unless anyone calls, how do we know they had marginal hands?  I will just make sure ( as much as I can) that I'm not reporting anyone falsely.  I may even just take notes on someone the first time I see that happen and then see if they pull a repeat performance.
Master of the K-8 offsuit

Bucnright

• Administrator
  • ROYAL FLUSH
All-in play
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2006, 08:14:52 PM »
First a player needs to get 3 complaints. After the secong I will email them and let them know of the policy we have just incase the didn't read this. The players will get called at some point had maybe be lucky or not. IAny player at the table could report him/her if they want. The 3rd report I or one of the other mods here will watch them. If it comes down to it at most sites i can get a complete history of every players hands at the tables, its the same way sites look into collusion.

This policy is just for our freerolls if a player wants to bring that style of play into any of our buy-ins we will accept his donation.

JEAN2002

• Freeroll Chaser
All-in play
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2006, 03:02:05 PM »
hi everyone  :D

I think all ins is fine as long as you have a high pair and that means a pair of Jacks to Aces but i have seen players that have all ins with a 2 and 3!... come on..... thats no pair. lol

and also because these high pairs only comes once in a wile so why not make the most of it. lol

some times i go all in but only if i have a high pair!

thats what i think! :D  8O
Go Hard Or Go Home!

spitoon

• 2 PAIR
    • Email
All-in play
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2006, 12:17:10 PM »
'note to me' never call JEAN2002's all ins unless I have AA.

Spit/Andy ..
'I see said the blind man to the deaf man, who .... '

ACEisBACK

• Freeroll Chaser
All-in play
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2006, 07:44:24 AM »
I love this.  I play several "regular" freerolls a day, and without fail, I'll have pp A's, K's or Q's, typical play I'll min raise b4 flop and someone always re-raises.  In this situation I will go all in (you don't want to be out drawn), but as I said WITHOUT FAIL said someone has 5 8 off or 4 7 off and catches usually a straight if not 2 pair :evil: .  Its an Absolute joke.  I'm not one to stick around and complain, but how can you go all in with a hand like that (and why oh why do they always catch? :twisted: ).  That being said, same person will make same play over and over again, and if that person loses, he/she stays for 5-10 mins complaning about it :lol: .  What happened to loving the game and playing to the best of your ability.

Great rule, and that is also why I've joined the forum, to try and get away from morons like that.  Thank you, and GL.    You guys are doing a great job. :D

cya at the tables