Author Topic: Nearest book  (Read 1539 times)

ZaphodQB

• Freeroll Chaser
    • Email
Nearest book
« on: July 20, 2009, 07:19:19 PM »
I have always found it interesting to look at books in peoples houses to see what kinds of things they read.

Lets try this; Grab the nearest book, open it to page 56, find the 5th sentence on the 56th (or the next page with writing if the 56th is a blank page) and post that sentence here. Post the name of the book and the Author too please.

The highest prime number coalesced quietly in the corner and hid itself away forever. - The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy (Douglas Adams)

bloodluver

• Freeroll Chaser
    • Email
Re: Nearest book
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 03:31:47 PM »
Yes, its Ashen, but outside, you would have to bow and curtsey and call her Nordorn Queen Ashen, this is Nayla.       Dragon Blade (andre Norton and Sasha Miller)
i the baby gotta love me

turkeystudd

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 04:35:11 PM »
But on this morning, apprx 30,000 miles southeast of Kunming, the pilots saw something unexpected-four fast fighter planes bearing down on them.

from Time Life WWII series/China-Burna India

puzzykat

• STRAIGHT
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 09:48:40 PM »
"please i beg of you, not to much advice in an affair of the heart or i shall be forced to do the wooing by proxy"  (prince philip of greece speaking to his uncle about princess elizabeth.)---THE ROYALS by kitty kelley.  yep,  i love that trash.

asz

• 2 PAIR
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 07:50:53 AM »
Also take your flocks and your herds, as yea have said,and be gone;and bless me also.

yes it was the KJ version of the HB  and it sits on my desk. so it was the closest on too me.

peace  asz