Author Topic: can never hit a flush  (Read 2857 times)

pokerlance

• Freeroll Chaser
can never hit a flush
« on: July 21, 2009, 04:21:14 PM »
never once in my life have i won a flush draw in poker when all in for real

unchosen

• Freeroll Chaser
    • Email
Re: can never hit a flush
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 05:36:16 PM »
You only have about a 30% chance to hit a flush when you have a flush draw on the flop. A lot of new players don't know this and just like to push there chips in thinking they have a good chance of getting flush.

spiderman637

• PAIR
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 11:53:33 AM »
THATS SO SAD PAL...
I THINK U HAVE NOT PLAYED ENOUGH GAMES, OR ESLE U WOULD HAVE BY NOW...

blueflatop

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 09:59:49 AM »
I think I am well below that average for hitting the flush draws.  That being said, I probably have great hands beaten 90% of the time when there is a flush draw the board.   Last hand was my AA  against J4 hearts and flop was A8 hearts.  This is last time I push all in without the nuts lol.  And yes,   there was a large raise preflop!!!!!!

sprocketdog

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 04:25:42 PM »
You may be posting in here alot, with that play, All-in unforced with only draw, is

begging to get beat.

FatBasset

• PAIR
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 04:43:04 PM »
If you have a flush draw and over card or gut shot straight draw it takes win percent up to about 48%.  So its better to shove with a few more outs on top of your flush draw

pjr54

• Freeroll Chaser
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 06:55:38 PM »
Relying on just a flush draw is very risky at best, you have only 9 outs and unless you are short stacked to risk all your chips is a extremely poor play.

Tomturkey46

• 2 PAIR
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 07:12:22 AM »
yes and I ran into that yesterday.  Hit my str8 on the turn and bet the pot, called by a flush draw that hit on the river.

The Turkey >:(

pattie2

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 06:00:35 AM »
It always seems that my chances are very slim to hit that flush yet when the other guy takes a chance he hits it like 80% of the time. Can never figure that out.

DEAN_01

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 07:51:28 AM »

I usually try not  to chase the flush on ring games but kinda play for a str8 with suited cards.  Or two pair full house-flush draw, or 1 pair str8 and or flush draw.  Once in a while you will get lucky.  I raised preflop with a10 suited on bodogs 10 cnt ring, and hit the back door flush.  I was raising each street as if I had a big pair and got lucky on the river.  BUT only one time I did this. With a  caller behind me. 

If I'm feeling frisky or I have a big stack I will chase tho--- especially with big cards, or a pair.

FatBasset

• PAIR
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2009, 06:31:28 PM »
the trick with a flush draw is getting paid off after chasing.  most of the time if you are calling on flop and turn it becomes obvious you are chasing a draw and won't get paid off by most players. 

sprocketdog

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2010, 01:55:54 PM »
Just tired of losing every good hand, sick and fn tired

jimma97

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 04:51:11 PM »
i dont hardly ever hit them but still draw to them all the time

steveo2003

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2010, 02:55:54 PM »
allin on a flush draw is a common play. Seems to me it hits aginst me more than for me but sometimes you have to take the risk.

trash

• 2 PAIR
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 07:55:53 PM »
The trick is to be lucky, or pretend you are when the 3rd card falls face up on the table.  It helps if you have a lot of chips left to complete the slam dunk or make others fold their cards on your bluff.