Author Topic: Finding the RIGHT Poker Room  (Read 4793 times)

wilsoncfc

• Freeroll Chaser
Re: Finding the RIGHT Poker Room
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2009, 09:29:55 PM »
Have to agree with you there Bob, I find myself in the same boat all the time.

The big thing is the deposits, once you deposit you can withdraw any winnings (other than deposit bonuses which most likely have restrictions). I have many sites that I can never seem to win on, but I have the few that I can never seem to lose on either, luckily I have depsoited on them and I get to take out my winnings on a monthly or weekly basis. :)

maybe you could tell me what sites you dont lose on because i seem to have a dilema....i cant win anything anywere every site i deposit into a site i lose the money in a matter of hours its mainly ipoker sites this happens with though
Allin Situation: 7s-7c vs 7h-3s...Flop: 7d-8h-9h...Turn: 10h....River: 6h...Not Only Does 7-3 Beat 7-7 It Beats It Well  ;D

steveo2003

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 03:09:04 PM »
I look for sites that have bounty tournaments.I had good luck at Absolute before UltimateBet joined them I used to love ap 2 dollar freezeout.I just dont have any luck at the big sites like full tilt or PokerStars not sure why.But I agree with you on most of your reasons for picking a good room.  Great post and thankyou for the advice.

DEAN_01

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 11:43:01 AM »

My top 3 are

Bodog -
                        Number one because I can make 10 plus bucs there any day of the week.  Thats all u need to enter 3 small buy in tourneys,or 3 or 4 low sngs, or a 5k on -Sat-or a 2k or a 1k -Mon thru Fri.  The graphics are decent, variety is good.

Carbon Poker -
                           I was hooked with the graphics right away.  The players seem to love to all in w draws.  A lot of gamblers and better players at the lower cash limits.  A lot of trapping, and aces hitting.  buy ins and tourney variety is good and forums play there quite a bit.

PokerStars -
                         variety, big tournaments.  So much to offer a lot of people, hard not to make money on this sight.  I grinded 30 bucs from 1.

UltimateBet is kool grinded 35 out of 1buc here as well. good variety.

I think players must learn to adapt to the card room- the software and all of its habits must be respected.

FatBasset

• PAIR
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 06:54:00 PM »
I've been playing online for a while.  Unfortunately for me I set up accounts on most of the most popular sites before I learned about rakeback.  I wish you could close poker accounts and re-open new ones with rakeback.

trash

• 2 PAIR
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 07:00:16 PM »
Wow.  What a thread.  The poker interface, the types of games offered, and what others say about the room  is what I use to choose a poker room.

FatBasset

• PAIR
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 02:45:25 PM »
One of the things I look for in a poker room is how easy it is to find the games I want to play.  Accordingly, I prefer FullTilt and PokerStars.  The smaller sites are much friendlier to forums though.  I have a hard time being patient to wait for a game on Merge or Cake networks.

puzzykat

• STRAIGHT
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2010, 09:39:36 AM »
i don't like places that have small screens.  graphics/resolution is important to me.  i hate having connection problems with a site.  i do like a place with online support available.  i like forum friendly sites.  i like to go to a place that has been established for awhile.

1yr later and basically i feel the same way about this.  merge is where i spend most of my time.  specifically---bonitas.  kinda cheeky i thought at first  but i go to play poker. ;D