Author Topic: Chasing flush draws : An Epidemic  (Read 1089 times)

spiderman637

• PAIR
    • Email
Chasing flush draws : An Epidemic
« on: August 06, 2009, 12:25:08 PM »
Once in a while, we are all caught chasing that flush, and we most probably will lose more than we win. Why do we do it? Probably because we think that we are trapping our opponents, when infact we are trapping ourselves. Here's an example of a hand I played.
I had AK offsuit with 68$, the other player had Q5 suited with 49$. Blinds are 1$/2$. I flat call, Q5 raises to 8$ and I call, everyone else folds. Flop is Ac, Ah, 6c. I check, he bets 10$ and now I know he has either a weaker ace or a flush draw, or KK or QQ. It's really unlikely that he had 66 preflop. So I raise all in and the fool calls. He didn't improve and to make it even sweeter, a king of clubs hit the river to give me a boat.
A few hands later I'm playing the same guy with 36 of diamonds in the big blind. I had 158$ and donkey boy has 100$. I'll tell you what he had .....Ad, As. The flop comes 4h,5h,2h !!!. He moves all in and I call........He had absolutely no outs...and i send him flying and crying over to the rail.
ckryan is offline Report Post      Reply With Quote

steveo2003

• Freeroll Chaser
Re: Chasing flush draws : An Epidemic
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 03:38:38 PM »
I agree spiderman chasing flushes and straights take me out so many times it makes me sick.But my question is when is the right time to fold these chases?

trash

• 2 PAIR
Re: Chasing flush draws : An Epidemic
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 07:43:44 PM »
While is is often unwise to chase these, sometimes the risk does warrant the risk.  When you are one on one, short stacked and gonna blind out anyways you might try and donk the other player who may or may not have the best hand.