Author Topic: Finding the RIGHT Poker Room  (Read 4790 times)

krazzykirk

• Freeroll Chaser
Finding the RIGHT Poker Room
« on: March 20, 2006, 02:34:11 PM »
How to choose an online room that is right for you...

Many factors come into play when deciding where you would like to open an online poker account. First, you need to ask yourself some basic questions about your play.

What limits, and what games am I looking for? Do I just want to play low level cash games, or tournaments, or a balance of both?

Are satellite tournaments important to me? Am I going to put money up to try to win trips to big live tournaments, or some other type of big prize?

If I am a cash game player, is getting my rake back important to me or a large bonus or would I rather build up player points, and go with a room where I can get cool things as a reward for my loyalty/play.

Is the sheer number of players important to me? Would I rather play at a huge site where there will always be massive tournaments, and multiple games at each limit, or would I rather play at a smaller room where I can get to know certain players tendencies, and take advantage of this?

Are the people involved in the room important to me? Is it important that a credible pro whom I trust endorses a particular site, or do I just want the site that fits my play characteristics the best.

Once you have answered these questions, you should be able to narrow your choices down significantly. Remember, we stringently evaluate, and continuously check the rooms we work with here at Freeroll Tourny.

So, if you find an online poker room that seems to have all the things you want/like, and it is on our list of sites we work with, you can trust that your money is safe, and that a fair play environment will be provided.

One last thing, ask other players what they like about the site.  You got to have other players to PLAY POKER.
NFL Poker Club-Coming August 1st

GOTHEART

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 06:04:36 PM »
What a terrific post. I thank you! :D

zzbob

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 04:27:13 PM »
When I come across a new site I always make a deposit.  I have never made a second deposit on a site.  I tend to stay with the site that I win on.  I have had a few sites where I lost my deposit and never went back.  It is really strange but some sites I win on and some I don't win on.  I guess it is just a matter of luck as I am the same player.  Some sites I am hitting on the flop and some not.  Some sites I am always getting sucked out on the river and some not.  Sometimes like last Sat. I entered 7 tourneys and I won two and final table on another 2.  Sunday and yesterday I couldn't hit the hit the water even when I jumped in the lake.  To me it's hard to believe that I can be lucky all one day and then so unlucky the next 2 days.

donfromtexas

• FULLHOUSE
    • http://www.texaswheel.com
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 04:54:16 PM »
Have to agree with you there Bob, I find myself in the same boat all the time.

The big thing is the deposits, once you deposit you can withdraw any winnings (other than deposit bonuses which most likely have restrictions). I have many sites that I can never seem to win on, but I have the few that I can never seem to lose on either, luckily I have depsoited on them and I get to take out my winnings on a monthly or weekly basis. :)

zzbob

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 07:04:42 PM »
This is an Absolute first for me.  You are the first person to agree with a post I made about something on any forum.  Once I got into it with the forum owner and he was so mad he cancelled my account.  Thanks.

jolub

• 2 PAIR
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 04:56:57 PM »
I have opened 5 or 6 accounts at different sites.  I do it to follow the forums freerolls.  Site unseen they're all the same to me.

texaspear

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 08:11:51 PM »
Howdy,
I have to agree that this is a good post.  Keep on postin' your opinion mabe controversial at times but it is still valuable.  No one agrees with everything.
I have several sites so if I chose a new one it must pass a few basic guidelines for me.  First, I must be able to see the cards.  Some sites are so small I can't tell a club from a spade.  I guess my age is showing, lol.
I also look for bonus offers From the sites or from the forums that play there.  Forums are a fairly reliable way to find new sites.
Another way I chose a new site is on the invite or recomendation from a friend.
Keep up the posting  we all learn from others.  Even if we don't agree.  Look forward to see ya' at the tables
Good Luck, Have FUN, remeber to laugh, & Don't Mess With TEXAS

Hobbs665

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 07:23:22 AM »
Does the game play itself make a difference to anyone else? My favorite sites are the quicker, glitzy ones. I feel Bodog, PokerStars, DoylesRoom Room and Full Tilt are my top three. Then would be the Poker PokerNordica/Ironduke and then Redstar skins.

Absolute Poker and UltimateBet are probably my least favorite. The game play on UltimateBet is sluggish and weak.

Where are the sites that have a low enough number of players that you get to know the various players?

NELLOB

• STRAIGHT
Re: Finding the RIGHT Poker Room
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 08:22:41 AM »
Not being a hardcore poker player I have various sites downloaded but usually play on the same two or three preferred ones.  Have only deposited on one site, however, have small amounts of cash at all of my sites and will visit them once in a while to stay active.  If and when I accumulate enough cash at a particular site, only then will I deposit in order to later make a withdrawal.
NELLOB  MAN  OF  LEISURE  AND  POKER  LOVER

sprocketdog

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 10:05:22 AM »
With the laws being so different in so many places,

I found that to be serious about cash play,

The Cashier is the most important factor in choosing a poker room to play at.

You have to factor, 'funding difficulty' into your gaming experience first.

Not much fun to win big and have to fight or wait for money.

ericthegreat

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 03:32:43 PM »
man i have been bouncing around from room to room. all seem about the same to me .  I favor tilt and Absolute, but dont care much for PokerStars.

MasterTeo

• PAIR
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2009, 05:21:31 PM »
i like poker 770 and Carbon poker for kind of tourney !!

stoney1982

• Freeroll Chaser
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2009, 09:33:20 PM »
yeah liked the blog I just run around sites on the computers and usually just play the big pay offs and mostly stick to my fav 4 or 5 sites most the time for the same reason u have listed

puzzykat

• STRAIGHT
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 05:16:20 PM »
i don't like places that have small screens.  graphics/resolution is important to me.  i hate having connection problems with a site.  i do like a place with online support available.  i like forum friendly sites.  i like to go to a place that has been established for awhile.

chabes2

• Freeroll Chaser
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 05:16:46 PM »
I like sites that have good players but I can't find that. hahahahahaha