Author Topic: How Unlucky Can I Be?  (Read 1090 times)

TicketMan4u

• Freeroll Chaser
How Unlucky Can I Be?
« on: September 04, 2010, 07:18:22 PM »
   This has been my luck all day. Either I can't hit a flop or either when I do get some decent hole cards someone comes along and fills a hand with four cards off the table and puts me out. Here's how my day's been going. Several times today I've slow played pocket KK's, QQ's or JJ's only to have someone come along matching my ever rising bets only to fill a hand on the river and beat me when they had nothing from the start.
   This one was the final straw. I was playing the new game on Broadway Tables when I got pocket KK's again so I raised 3xBB (450) from an early position. Some had folded but zanth77 was short stacked (640) and called holding As, Qh. I really didn't see a problem with that but probably would gone all in myself. Another player, canadaeh35, was in a better position chip wise (3065) but for some reason called holding ace rag suited Ah,5h. I can't really criticize that move too much cause I've done it myself . Looking back it's funny now because I had just been openly chastised earlier by another player, sorceressBT, for winning a hand playing As,2s. What came next is what really blew my mind.
   The flop came all rags in rainbow, 4c,8d,3h. With nothing really to worry about chip wise from zanth77 and feeling pretty confident I raised all in. Naturally zanth77 called, which I expected, and so did canadaeh35, who I honestly didn't expect to unless he/she was holding pocket Aces. When everybody's cards were shown I felt pretty good thinking there were only two easy outs (A,A) left that could beat me. Now I'm sure there were lots of other ways I could have been beaten but that was what came to mind the fastest. Then what finally happened was a 6s showed up on the turn and a 2h fell on the river giving canadaeh35 a six high straight and all the chips. It happened so sudden. The cards cleared the table, the chips were all going the other direction and I was flipping out, WHAT IN THE SAM HILL JUST HAPPENED!!!
   Now this is what gets me. We've all seen wild, outrageous hands get filled when we didn't expect them to but my question is this. After the flop player, canadaeh35, is theoreticly holding Ah,3h,4c,5h,8d. As I see it he/she has two chances to hit a 2 on the turn or the river to fill the straight or he/she would have to hit hearts on both to fill a flush. I may be wrong but I personally wouldn't risk my tournament life by going all in with a hand like this. And on the other hand many of you would say the same thing for pocket KK's cause an ace on the turn or the river could just as easily put me out as a six high straight.
   I know it happens to all of us. I just wish I wasn't so unlucky all the time.

Hand#2343881524000123 - Tournament Table 2 T8918308 -- Table 3 -- $0/$75/$150 NL Hold'em -- 2010/09/04 - 17:35:57
Seat 1: 7Justagirl ($7,974 in chips)
Seat 2: NeblefujBT ($1,935 in chips)
Seat 3: ace0trash72 ($1,685 in c hips)
Seat 5: TicketMan4u3 ($3,100 in chips)
Seat 6: sorceressBT ($5,645 in chips)
Seat 7: VexBot1 ($1,092 in chips)
Seat 9: zanth77 ($640 in chips)
Seat 10: canadaeh35 ($3,065 in chips) DEALER
7Justagirl: posts small blind 75
NeblefujBT: posts big blind 150
Dealt to TicketMan4u3 [Ks,Kd]
ace0trash72: folds
only***4: folds
TicketMan4u3: raises to 450
sorceressBT: folds
VexBot1: folds
zanth77: calls 450
canadaeh35: calls 450
7Justagirl: folds
NeblefujBT: folds
*** FLOP *** [4c,8d,3h]
TicketMan4u3: is all in 2650.0000
zanth77: is all in 190.0000
canadaeh35: is all in 2615.0000
TicketMan4u3: returns uncalled bet 35
TicketMan4u3: shows [Ks Kd]
zanth77: shows [As Qh]
canadaeh35: shows [Ah 5h]
*** TURN *** [6s]
*** RIVER *** [2h]
***SHOW DOWN***
canadaeh35: wins 4,850 with Straight, Six high
***SHOW DOWN***
canadaeh35: wins 2,145 with Straight, Six high

FatBasset

• PAIR
    • Email
Re: How Unlucky Can I Be?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 02:51:56 PM »
Tough to take those bad beats sometimes.  Was this a buy-in tournament or a freeroll?  I've come to expect bad play in freerolls and low buyin tournaments.  No explaination that I know of for people who play that way other than they "have a feeling" etc.