Author Topic: why oh why did I fold!!!!!!!  (Read 2312 times)

Beefheartz

• Freeroll Chaser
    • Email
why oh why did I fold!!!!!!!
« on: June 05, 2009, 05:07:02 PM »
50k monthly at Reefer,
2nd in chips
12 players left,and already made the bubble but...........
Everyone had folded except me and the BB.
I had Q 10 clubs
so I raise 6x bb 60k
I got insta raised another 120k
I have before the reraise around 330K
so it`s push or fold
SOMETHING grrrr told me to fold so probably my Hardest decision of the tourney so far,I laid em down and the guy rabbits the cards and I would have flopped a royal.HE HAD 3 4 clubs,so yes would have hit clubs but I would have slaughtered him,
so next hand it`s me and him again =(
I have QQ
he raises all in before the flop with 77.I instacall him this time because just a bit upset about the last hand and this call would in my head put me chip leader by a 300k
Yes you guessed it flop comes 10 7 Q,and I`m feeling a lot better ,then comes K then finally another F]'/;;[[n ,,,,,,,,, 7
four of a Kind,I couldn`t believe it!!!!
this made the difference between 800$ and a possible 6000$
Just as bad was the fact he was the only other Welshman in the game,well with a Wales flag as an avavtar and the very next day
I happened to be sat in a seat right next to him in my first Sit n Go of the day and he has this little spinning sparkly crown going round and round as his NEW avatar,saying WINNER OF MONTHLY 50K
ARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
I don`t hate him no more but what made him raise me preflop 120k with 3 4 clubs duh! Crazy
I must admit I did get lucky a few times earlier in the 50K,but I never made a wrong move really until the Q 10 clubs came heads up,I could swear he had at least AQ with that type of re raise.
I`ve never folded it in that same situation ever since LMAO.
I now control my Instincts better and concentrate on any tells I may get!
I think the more Badbeats you get,the more you can recognise the traps and pitfalls of the game!
Not that it helps you gain chips,but keeps you in the game to get more chances.

This did make me a better player lol,I think
thanks for reading.
Dan Beefheartz

ducttapepenis

• Freeroll Chaser
    • Email
Re: why oh why did I fold!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 05:13:17 PM »
hahahahaha nice  ??? :o :'( ???

herlis

• PAIR
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 11:03:02 AM »
it sure will make you better and braver to play when you think your hand has a chance to win. GoodLuck on your games!

rustykdog

• Freeroll Chaser
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 03:40:44 PM »
yeah thats rough but you gotta go with gut

sirsmokespiff

• Freeroll Chaser
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 04:33:46 PM »
dont worry man this happens all the time....its the worst especially when it would have been a good price to call and you flop like quads ??? but it happens and just rmeember ur playin better poker

DEN23DEN

• PAIR
  • ...TIME I$ MONEY...
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 08:47:06 PM »
WoW crazy fold...Yet anything is better than nothing you were just being careful with your chips.I too many times had folded a winner.Like they say "No guts no glory"(No win)...
...TIME I$ MONEY...

FatBasset

• PAIR
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 06:36:00 PM »
better question would be why did you raise?  gave him the chance to bluff you off your hand.  You made the right move in the long run; folding is right with a weak hand like Q10.  Too many people raise from the BB blind in a limped pot so the raise is rarely respected so don't do if you don't have a good hand.  GL on the felts.

pjr54

• Freeroll Chaser
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 03:41:08 PM »
I WOULD HAVE FOLDED MY HAND AS WELL. wITH THAT RAISE YOU WOULD HAVE TO PUT HIM ON A VERY GOOD HAND.

nodelay69

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 02:34:38 PM »
Better to fold and take him down with the nuts any how
SeeYou On The Felt!!

teabagger357

• STRAIGHT
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 10:32:16 AM »
Also keep in mind the rabbit hunt I don't think really are the cards that would come. I am not sure about this but I think it has to do with the card generator or something like that I heard.

trash

• 2 PAIR
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 07:57:29 PM »
Hindsight or hindsight, how sweet is hindsight...  The trick is to have a good enough hand you can't fold, and not a hand that is made after you do fold.