Author Topic: Acting on Tells  (Read 1300 times)

alanasdad

• Freeroll Chaser
Acting on Tells
« on: November 05, 2008, 09:55:11 AM »
I have lost a lot of $ in my live games by relying too much on tells.  Have any of you ever had this happen to you as well :?:

Reminder to Self:

Don't use a weak tell to override an otherwise credible decision. As an example, suppose your opponent almost never bluffs, but he seems to be betting with a little extra emphasis- sometimes an indication of a bluff. In that case, I would usually fold anyway, because the history of this player's actions is more important than the onlysomewhat reliable tell. :evil:

grilldoggy

• Freeroll Chaser
Multi-tasking Poker players!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 12:30:43 PM »
Some guy could be doing laundry, dishes, dinner, while playing in an online tournament.  His pauses could be misconstrued as a slow-play.  If you don't really know your opponent, you don't why the various pause is there, so just play poker and don't read too much into it.
Scooby Dooby Doo

umbe

• Freeroll Chaser
Acting on Tells
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 05:17:50 PM »
Online tells... Live events are based on good reads on other people tells, but online I'm not sure if  i am getting any....

puzzykat

• STRAIGHT
Re: Acting on Tells
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 09:38:05 AM »
hard for me to get online tells.  to many factors can rule them out.

NELLOB

• STRAIGHT
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 03:09:24 PM »
The most prevalent online tell which I am very aware of is that of a player who normally plays fairly quickly, suddenly takes his full time plus extra time and then makes a sizeable bet.  This happens so often that I am not fooled any longer by it.
NELLOB  MAN  OF  LEISURE  AND  POKER  LOVER

pjr54

• Freeroll Chaser
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 04:21:52 PM »
I agree with nellob on this, you must really know the player to get a true read online.