Author Topic: Pocket AAs  (Read 2516 times)

Larrdawg69

• PAIR
Pocket AAs
« on: February 24, 2008, 08:20:36 PM »
I dont think its the best hand you can get, i think its AK, because you have the highest 2 cards and can get the highest things with it.. if you have AA , you almost need always another A to win it. because the other one has straight,.,. flush,... 2 pairs... its almost always better..

What do you think? Rockets (AA) are the best?

shortee4life

• 2 PAIR
Pocket AAs
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 09:39:44 PM »
I Agree!  I think AK Is Better. i've had my rockets crushed lots of times by BS. So Yeah That's Is Better...
If You Get Beat Don't Wine About IT!! Thank-You All that read this!

Ostrich

• Freeroll Chaser
Pocket AAs
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 05:21:53 PM »
AA is undoubtedly the best starting hand, since AK is just an A high unless it hits. Also, if you keep losing with AA, either you're not folding enough to an obviously better hand or you're letting to many people see the flop. You really want to try to iso with a high pocket pair.

4DeadMoney

• Freeroll Chaser
Pocket AAs
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 07:12:55 AM »
I just found out that against 2 random hands AA is only a 50/50 chance to win.
which means that if 3 other people stay in the hand then you are a dog to win.

Arjonius

• Freeroll Chaser
Pocket AAs
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 04:14:13 PM »
Quote from: "4DeadMoney"
I just found out that against 2 random hands AA is only a 50/50 chance to win.
which means that if 3 other people stay in the hand then you are a dog to win.

You might want to check the math on this.  It is true that you odds of winning decline as the number of opponents increases.  That's why it's usually best to raise with AA or any other strong hand - to thin the field.  

Also, comparing to random hands isn't completely appropriate since hands that will play aren't random, at least not too often.

Bucnright

• Administrator
  • ROYAL FLUSH
Pocket AAs
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 05:01:46 PM »
I don't know how I missed that post AA verse another hand is not 50/50.

AA verse 1 85%  to win
AA verse 2 72%  to win
AA verse 3 68%  to win
AA verse 4 56%  to win
AA verse 5 49%  to win
AA verse 6 43%  to win
AA verse 7 38%  to win
AA verse 8 34%  to win
AA verse 9 31%  to win

As you can see the more players that are in the hand the better chance you have to lose with AA. That is why you raise preflop. Verse one other player you have an 85% chance to win if 9 other players are in the hand your odds drop to 31%.
New poker forum PFP Poker freeroll password

GoodWoodRR

• Freeroll Chaser
Pocket AAs
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 05:04:58 PM »
I always make it expensive to see flops against my AA.

You should never get cute with Aces.

Arjonius

• Freeroll Chaser
Pocket AAs
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 11:17:32 AM »
Quote from: "GoodWoodRR"
I always make it expensive to see flops against my AA.

You should never get cute with Aces.

Always and never are words that should be used with caution when talking about poker since there are situational considerations galore that can lead to exceptions.  For instance, it's usually best to make your normal raise with AA if you're first in the pot, or if there are limpers, whatever your normal raise in that situation is.  This is intended to accomplish two things, maybe more, which are to thin the field and to disguise the strength of your hand as much as possible.  

However, usually isn't the same as never or always.  A common example of a situation where you might choose to play AA differently is when you're acting before one or more players who are raising virtually every hand.

squarer

• Freeroll Chaser
Pocket AAs
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 02:58:18 PM »
The problem is if you bet too big everyone leaves, so you sort of need to slow play, especially if  in a tourny so that you might catch the nuts.  As with any hand, you needed to know when to fold and not get married to AA. :D

grilldoggy

• Freeroll Chaser
getting cute with Aces
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 12:24:13 PM »
I agree, don't get cute with the pocket Aces.  Unless you've announced them to the table (sure, right?), nobody's scared of you.  You do need to isolate at some point.  If the flop is a good mix, you could start the isolation betting then, but be willing to fold if more then a few are in the hand, and it's too costly to stay in.  More than two others in the hand at the river, your odds of winning have decreased considerably.
Scooby Dooby Doo

navuta

• PAIR
    • Email
Re: Pocket AAs
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 11:29:46 AM »
I will never go all in with pocket AA aces again..                         
I always loose with it..                     
I thgink I preffer the AK option.... (joke)                     
lol..                                         
Just mad about being bad beat,...     

stopko

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 01:05:20 AM »
I think that AA is one of my worst hands. I was eliminated from many tourneys when I lost it.

jimmyjay

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2009, 07:36:32 PM »
I always view Aces as the best possible hand, no matter how many opponents, although the odds are not favorable against all other callers in aggregate, you are always favored over any other individual hand.  Going all in every time you get Aces is not a good strategy if you are up against larger stacks because an underdog who has you outchipped is going to take you out of the tournament.   Against one caller preflop it is ideal.  In cash ring games the only time I go all in preflop is with KK or AA and I have had both winning and losing streaks with both.   Best 5 cards out of a possible 7, not best 2 out of possible 7.  They are never guaranteed.
pstars-JesseGame
ap jnewberry
DoylesRoom, tilt and UltimateBet xxnewbsxx
Cake unclejimmy

pjr54

• Freeroll Chaser
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 08:01:25 PM »
I will take AA anytime over any other hand, especially if a showdown develops preflop. Lost a lot more often with AK.

FatBasset

• PAIR
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 05:06:35 PM »
Anybody who doesn't want Aces pre-flop isn't a very good player.  Where most people run into problems with aces is getting involved with multiway pots.  Everybody has probably heard the slogan that "with Aces you usually win small pots and lose big ones."  That mostly comes from how people will bet too little pre-flop trying to get action and end up with too many opponents.