Author Topic: here is a good tip helps me a lot  (Read 2900 times)

pokerbrown

• Freeroll Chaser
here is a good tip helps me a lot
« on: June 07, 2006, 09:14:34 PM »
three rules to good play
1. paitence- is a very good key to winning

2. never give up

3. don't get frustrated stuff happens don't loose your cool

and never ever play rebuys they are scams inb my opinion

may the poker gods be with you

jdroche

• Freeroll Chaser
    • http://thepcl.blogspot.com
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 05:33:07 PM »
and never ever play rebuys they are scams inb my opinion

Care to elaborate on this poker? I dont usually play rebuys because I get carried away in them but I would not call them a scam. I'm just wondering if you have some reason for saying that?

-jd
http://thepcl.blogspot.com

Bucnright

• Administrator
  • ROYAL FLUSH
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 06:35:58 PM »
Don't reaaly think its a scam. They seem to bring in weak players that don't care if they have to rebuy or not.

I usally only play very strong hands until rebuys are over. I will rebuy right before the rebuy period is over and do an addon if that is offered. I will usally be in the middle of the pack after that.
New poker forum PFP Poker freeroll password

jdroche

• Freeroll Chaser
    • http://thepcl.blogspot.com
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 06:44:02 AM »
Yeah Buc I use that same strategy. I dont commit too much of my bankroll to a rebuy tournament but I think it does draw in a lot of people who play crazy early (knowing they can fall back on the rebuy).

I wait until the add-on period and do one add-on than hope that those weaker players who survived on that rebuy will fall off one by one.

I think those rebuy events are a good chance for stronger players to pad their bankroll while weaker players build the pot up.

-jd

spmaineman

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 04:18:23 AM »
A good trick I learned on rebuys is to wait until you have lost a bare minimum..say a small blind amount..then rebuy..this puts you in a bracket to compete with larger 1st time pots and swelled heads.

t1tpfdc

• 2 PAIR
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 12:31:00 PM »
I, low-stakes player that i am, play a rebuy tournament almost every day.
$1, $2, sometimes up to $5 ...
A very small investment can lead to a very nice win!
Tho it is frustrating getting knocked out by a player you have already put out 2-3 times ...
As other have said, play it tight early.
And i (almost) never rebuy!

t1tpfdc

GmeUP

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 01:16:04 PM »
I like to play semi loose early. With all the loose players odds are your going to get 4-5 players in a hand which gives your marginal hands you would normally toss like low mid PPs and suited connectors good calling value and a decent payout if you hit!

ArchiRoark

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 05:49:28 PM »
Read one book- they suggested rebuys can be a good value- chips are your soldiers in battle, the more you have the better your odds. But, don't go crazy.  Supposedly Daniel Negreanu did 27 $1000 rebuys in a tournament, he won $100K so it was a good investment for him, he said he knew he could beat the crowd, and apparently was correct, doubt it would work for most of us though

PaisleySky

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 02:27:35 PM »
When I play a rebuy tournament I have in mind a set amount of money I'm willing to spend before I start playing.  Otherwise things can get out of hand.  LOL!  
Have you ever played one of these with a guy at your table that just goes allin every hand, rebuying over and over again?  This makes for some wild play at your table.  But some people say this is a viable strategy.

Zorbadundee

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 03:43:49 PM »
I hate rebuy tournaments, its easy to get carried away and invest more than you expect (especially if you get a bad beat or two at the start).

LordDogs

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 01:48:06 PM »
Just be ready to pay 3-4 times the registration cost or don t play it...

thetugman

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 03:24:47 PM »
I thoroughly enjoy rebuys. You'll usually always double up with your monsters, just as long as somebody has top pair. And, a $1 or $2 rebuy can turn into a monster prize pool.

To be honest, though, I prefer second chance only with one add-on instead of the multiple rebuys. My rule for rebuys is I only rebuy if I take a bad beat. I don't rebuy if it's simply due to making a stupid all in call.

4DeadMoney

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 07:11:16 AM »
The mistake people make when playing a rebuy is thinking that only the number of people who register are playing, what you have to do is take the number who are registered and double or triple it, (depending on how crazy they are playing) and that is really the size of your field.

Josh_Fish

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 04:39:19 PM »
I must say that a rebuy in drove me broke because i kept getting drawn out. so you must take into account that bad players will play and sometimes draw out and do foolish decisions. the way to combat it is play conservative prior to rebuiy in period. then switch gears to aggressive.

puzzykat

• STRAIGHT
Re: here is a good tip helps me a lot
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 03:22:21 PM »
some people are willing to take the risk with any 2 cards just to get doubled up.  rebuys do have nice prize pools.  i very rarely will rebuy.  takes away from your profit when you win.  i will add on if i'm in good standing and think i still got a chance.  i used to avoid rebuys.  now i just make sure i have enough time to play them cause i think they take longer.