Author Topic: pocket aces  (Read 1983 times)

fatdog63

• Freeroll Chaser
pocket aces
« on: April 14, 2010, 09:59:25 PM »
try 2 slow play them get drawn out on.try bet them and everyone folds.always seem to have no luck with pocket aces.

teabagger357

• STRAIGHT
Re: pocket aces
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 09:36:35 PM »
Yep I never slow play them unless in early position and I usually just do a min raise to get possible limpers out of the way and hope for a reraise. In late it is an all in move and hope to get called and not sucked out on.

steveo2003

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 05:22:11 PM »
Pocket aces are the hardest cards to play I think because even when I know im beat I have to call and see the two pairs they caught with junk.

KCfromMARS

• PAIR
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 02:56:18 PM »
I agree, the only way i play those is a very high bet
TNX
KC

pjr54

• Freeroll Chaser
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 03:44:02 PM »
You need to raise at least 3-5 times the bb everytime you get them, hopefully that will eliminate junk hands that may out flop you.

jimmyjay

• Freeroll Chaser
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 08:46:00 AM »
If you play low limit and you are first in, bet 10% of your stack in a tight game and up to 25% in a loose game.  Good if you get a call from one player and better if you get reraised from one player so that you can put him all in before the flop and use your edge.  Slow playing aces always allows lag chasers and weak-tight deadbeats into the pot when they should be folding. These are the guys that draw out on you and win.
pstars-JesseGame
ap jnewberry
DoylesRoom, tilt and UltimateBet xxnewbsxx
Cake unclejimmy

trash

• 2 PAIR
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 07:52:41 PM »
If you play low limit and you are first in, bet 10% of your stack in a tight game and up to 25% in a loose game.  Good if you get a call from one player and better if you get reraised from one player so that you can put him all in before the flop and use your edge.  Slow playing aces always allows lag chasers and weak-tight deadbeats into the pot when they should be folding. These are the guys that draw out on you and win.

This is good advise, but steveo2003's comments on where you are positioned should influence your decision on how to play them.  Good Luck!

FatBasset

• PAIR
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 03:42:09 AM »
I mostly play aces the conventional way with a standard pre-flop raise.  However, I have been reconsidering it because of how often people have started calling raises with rags.   I really want it all in pre-flop.